This post contains affiliate links. Kidz Buyz may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links. Thanks for your support!
Black Friday is rapidly approaching and Amazon.com is one of the largest retailers to hit up. Some press releases detailed what we can expect to see for Amazon Black Friday Deals 2017, but they just scratch the surface. Here are our hacks to navigating Amazon Black Friday 2017.
How do you Find the Amazon Black Friday Deals?
Our first tip is to join a Facebook group for deals. Our group Kidz Steals and Deals is a great resource for getting deals delivered to your news feed. In addition, a quick check in of the group will help you to see what other members are buying (and how good of a deal they think it is). And while many deals are posted from Amazon, we also cover a wide range retailers from Toys to Clothing to Kitchen Goods. You name it, we will have something for nearly everyone on your list over the next couple of weeks!
Second, if you are not already a Prime Member, grab your free 30 day trial to Prime here! Starting your trial now will allow you to take advantage of all the Early Amazon Black Friday deals through to the middle of December. Forget about having to load up your cart to get to free ship, being a Prime Member allows you to buy right away. It prevents unnecessary shipping charges and losing out on items while you look for more to add to the cart. You can cancel at any time. (But if you're anything like me, you'll be hooked)! Grab your free trial here!
What Types of Deals does Amazon Black Friday Offer?
It's important to understand the types of deals Amazon offers. Amazon has 3 main types of deals. While prices can drop on other items, these deal types will dominate the majority of the Amazon Black Friday Promos.
- Deal of the Day: These daily deals are on a single item or collection of items. They are typically meet or beat the best Amazon price to date. The most popular sell out quickly. You can check the current Deal of the Day offerings here. Closer to Black Friday, there will be some Prime Exclusive Lightning Deals here.
- Lightning Deals: Lightning deals are short duration deals with limited quantities available. They load at pre-announced times. Prime Members get a 30 minute head start. You can check out our top tips for scoring Lightning Deals here. Lightning Deals open to all customers are here. This year there will be some Prime Exclusive Lightning Deals as well, you can check those out here. (these won't go live until we get closer to Black Friday. Check back for our Black Friday Lightning Deal round-ups (we take the work out of searching through thousands of deals for what you want).
- General Best Price Deals: These deals often the longest in duration and focus on categories and brands. Some of the deals that have been announced are 35% off Melissa & Doug, $30 off Anki Cozmo, and 20% off the Littlebits Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit (Cozmo and the Littlebits Droid are among our top picks in the 7-12 age range. We featured both in our Top Gifts for Kids Amazon Gift Guide).
What are the Best Amazon Black Friday Deals?
In the press release that was published today, Amazon outlined hundreds of deals. You can check them all out here. These are the deals that we will be watching closely for and announcing in our Facebook Group Kidz Steals and Deals.
- Echo Dot for $29.99 (lowest price ever)
- Save $20 on All-New Echo, only $79.99
- Add a smart plug to any Echo purchase for only $5 ($20 off)
- Save $30 on Fire 7 Kids Edition, only $69.99 – and save an additional $10 when you buy two making them $129.98
- Save $40 on Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, only $89.99 – and save an additional $10 when you buy two making them $169.98
- Save $50 on Fire HD 10, only $99.99 – the lowest price ever for the Fire HD 10
- Save $30 on Fire HD 8, only $49.99
- Save $30 on Kindle Paperwhite, only $89.99
- Save $15 on Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, only $24.99
- Save 20% on Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit
- Save $30 on Anki Cozmo
- Save up to $100 on select Playstation virtual reality bundles
- Save up to 50% on Just Dance 2018 Gold Box
- Save up to 40% on select Thermos products
- Save up to 35% on Melissa & Doug toys and furniture
- Save up to 40% on K'NEX Thrill Rides-Kraken's Revenge Roller Coaster
- Save up to 30% on select Crayola arts and crafts
- Save up to 30% on select Paw Patrol toys
- Save up to 50% on select Zoomer toys
When will the Amazon Black Friday Deals Start?
The deals have already started. On Friday, several new deals will launch. The biggest part of the event will begin on November 22nd (presumably at midnight PST). To stay on top of things, check the Black Friday Landing Page here and check into the Facebook Group in the mornings.
What Amazon Black Friday Deals Can I grab Now?
There are some great deals that are available now on Amazon.
- For the first time ever, non-Prime members as well as Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get three months of the full catalog on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs, for just $0.99 starting today. Check out the offer here.
- Sign up for yearlong subscription to Audible and save $50 on an Echo device! Check out the details here.
- Get a $10 toy credit for future use when you make a $75 Toy Purchase (excludes Lego, American Girl and Elf on the Shelf). More details here.
- Save up to 30% on Thanksgiving Household Essentials – great prices on Mrs. Meyers, Hefty, Ziploc, Presto and more – some are available for up to a 15% additional discount with Subscribe & Save. Check out everything included here.